This is a small selection of mini Standing Stones at the ring of Brodgar. 6.5 x 13cm approximately.
This is what Historic Environment Scotland say about The Standing Stones,
The Ring of Brodgar comprises:
- A massive stone circle, originally consisting of 60 stones – 36 survive today
- At least 13 prehistoric burial mounds
- A large rock-cut ditch surrounding the stone circle
The Scottish geologist Hugh Miller, visiting in 1846, wrote that the stones ‘look like an assemblage of ancient druids, mysteriously stern and invincibly silent and shaggy’.
The Ring of Brodgar is part of the Heart of Neolithic Orkney World Heritage Site, a series of important domestic and ritual monuments built 5000 years ago in the Orkney Islands.